Shed Walls

Old 08-11-07, 02:19 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shed Walls

I have a storage area that has an exterior entrance, but is structurally part of my home and shares two walls with interior rooms. It is currently in pretty bad condition and is uninsulated which poses a problem for heating/cooling the adjacent rooms.

So, I want to do this correctly and refinish the storage area so that it is both functional and nice-looking. However, since I will be storing lots of car parts, tires, and other dirty things, I really don't want to put standard drywall in there because of how dirty it will get. Can someone recommend other ways to finish the walls so that I can have a durable/rugged wall as well as something that looks (somewhat) nice? Thanks.

Old 08-11-07, 03:08 PM
T
Received 48 Upvotes on 41 Posts
What ever you do think about fire resistance. Even if you don't want to use drywall think about putting drywall behind what ever else you use.
You could use OSB, plywood paneling, Masonite, luan, or you could put up drywall then fir out 3/4" on top of that and put up peg board.

Just how good do you want it to look?

You could stucco it.
You could plaster it with a good extra durable system like is used in schools and prisons.

Old 08-12-07, 07:13 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree that drywall should be put up first.

OSB could work, but would give more of an unfinished look. I am not too worried about how it looks, but I want it to look complete and not just as if it were an afterthought.

I thought about pegboard and while I like the idea, I'm not sure where to obtain large sheets of masonite pegboard to do the walls of an entire shed.

I've also considered slatwall.

Thanks for your ideas

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: