Interior plywood

Old 10-21-07, 08:00 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post Interior plywood

I am remodeling adding a bedroom and bath to a log home. In the bedroom three walls are sheetrocked. The fourth wall is a very nice grade of plywood. At the bottom the plywood is horizontal and then vertical on top. At the seams there are boards covering the seams. The wall is about 12 feet high at the middle. I now do not like this. I tried staining the board (it does not need to be sanded; it is smooth) with a clear stain. That makes it look cheap. What do you suggest? A dark stain? The Santa Fe look would be fine, but I don't know what to do.

Old 10-22-07, 03:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Plywood doesn't always stain well. IMO the darker the stain you use on plywood, the worse it looks have you considered putting another type of wallcovering over the plywood? [paneling,sheetrock, wallpaper,etc]

Old 10-22-07, 06:12 AM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What would you think about a decking stain like Cabots?

Old 10-22-07, 06:24 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I don't believe I've ever used a deck stain on plywood. Cabot [like the others] makes many different stains. Are you considering semi-transparent or solid stain?

Exterior coatings aren't formulated for interior use. The main concern is air quality while it is applied and curing - fresh air ventilation is recomended!

Old 10-22-07, 06:48 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Another thought is to prime wall and paint a different color from the other three walls, making this the accent wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: