Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

no ceiling on about 7'x12' open to attic

Old 01-31-08, 01:21 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I 'm trying to get electric bill under control.It seems like every time something is fixed or replaced in our home it was done wrong or workmenship is very bad. we have storage area (part of house)with outside door you can climb into attic 'NO CEILING" AREA ABOUT 7'WIDE X ABOUT12'.Got quote $150. labor I buy supplies sheet rock insultion Etc...Is this price fair?. I'm doing small repairs around the house not sure if I can handle this... not sure I have tools needed.
any sugguestions???/

Thanks,
anthony1429

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-08, 03:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I am having a difficult time picturing what you have and what you want to accomplish. If the area in the attic is insulated between the joists, you won't gain anything by installing sheetrock on the rafters, if that is what you plan. Fill us in on more details, or post a couple of pictures on a site such as photobucket.com and give us the urls so we can see exactly what you are looking at. Then, maybe we can give good advice.

Old 01-31-08, 04:00 PM
A
7'x12" ATTIC REPLY

this is a two story house when you go into attic you have a/c-heat pump all floor insulated in attic except for raffters with about a 7x12 storage area below has access from door to the rear of home only area above raffters is part of attic

Old 01-31-08, 04:24 PM
OK, I'll try. It is a two story house, PLUS an attic with a centrally located storage area with walls and an access from the second floor ceiling. Is the area floored? Does the storage area have insulated walls? How do you access the remaining part of the attic? You can see what you have, we can't, and have a difficult time picturing it and understanding what you want to do with the area.

Old 02-01-08, 02:39 PM
A
ok I understand I'm not explaining this very well. how about what should an area about 7'x12" cost to have sheet rock installed. if labor only

Old 02-01-08, 04:34 PM
$100. It really wasn't your explanation, it was we have to visualize what you see. A couple of pictures as requested would have probably saved a couple of posts and gotten the answer you needed.