How Do I Drywall

Old 03-14-08, 01:28 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How Do I Drywall

Hi, I live in South Africa, and I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with easy to install drywall steps with the correct South African Tools.... Please help..

Old 03-14-08, 05:28 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 384 Votes on 340 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I would assume the tools would be universal although they might be called by different names.

Basically you nail or screw the drywall to the studs/rafters. The drywall is cut with an utility knife; scored on 1 side, bent and then cut the paper on the other side to finish the cut.

All the joints are covered with tape with the drywall tape embedded in joint compound. All nails/screws are also coated with jc. Generally 3 coats of jc and then sand the final coat smooth.

Old 03-14-08, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by leighl View Post
Hi, I live in South Africa, and I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with easy to install drywall steps with the correct South African Tools.... Please help..

honestly, Check out www.drywallschool.com Tons of info.

I also looked up a lot of DIY videos on youtube.

Old 03-14-08, 06:12 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
South Africa?

You plan on doing the whole job yourself, from start to finish?

What is the project that you plan to do?

How much does it cost you there for a sheet of 1/2" X 4' X 8' sheetrock? And how much for an ~ 5 gallon pail of all purpose sheetrock mud. (I just bought some today, at one of the super large home centers and paid $10.85 for it and a 25# sack of Durobond 90 setting-type mud cost me $6.48. A 250' roll of joint tape cost me $1.74. The pail of all purpose weighs 64 pounds and I had to lug it upstairs where I am sheetrocking and taping a new bathroom. I started today with some pre-fill with Durobond 90 and some finishing up of sheetrocking and putting on metal corner bead today.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: