Wall of Corkboard

Old 06-08-08, 03:37 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wall of Corkboard

Hey everyone.
My teenage daughter wants to make a wall of cork in her room.
From where ive been looking, rolls of cork look bit pricey, and the thinner the cork is the cheaper the project will cost.

Heres the problem, say in 5 years the we take the cork down, if we use thinner cork, there will defiantly be pin holes in the drywall behind the cork.

Is there a material we could put in between the drywall and cork so we wouldn't have to fill all the holes in the drywall that would be cheap?

I was thinking maybe Styrofoam sheets or something, but those seem pretty delicate.

PLEASE HELP!!

Old 06-08-08, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
we used the sheets of 1 in ridged foam board insulation in my sons room when he wanted to hang posters everywhere in his room. just took them down after 10 years. very minimal holes in the walls. try that with cork over it.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 06-08-08, 05:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I've done the thicker 12 x 12 cork tiles in a real estate office hallway, measured about 4' high by 20' long for them to post listings, etc. I had to order the tiles, and I don't remember them being all that expensive. I framed them wood molding with a 1/2" set back. Only problem, when they get ready to remove them, there is PL400 to deal with. I think using the foam board would work fine, as long as you have a contingency of removal.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: