Cost to expand my garage?

Old 12-21-08, 09:50 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Cost to expand my garage?

Hi all

My house currently has a one car garage - house was built in the 50s - and I would like to expland the garage to a 2 car.

3303 W Olympic

this is the only way to show the house.. thankfully this still works. As you can see, there is a storage shed that could be used as a garage but what id really like to do is expand the current attached garage over the concrete that is already there.

The house is brick veneer I believe so I think if I could knock down the side brick wall and save all the bricks so I could just use those bricks again on the new outer side wall.

So what I'm wondering is if I acutally COULD just expand the garage out to the side over the existing concrete and then reroof the garage and how much that would possibly cost.

thanks

aaron

Old 12-22-08, 11:34 AM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Local codes will require you to install a footing under the extension. You should have a local contractor look at it and make recomendations.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-22-08 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Removed link. No blogging or advertising.
Old 12-23-08, 06:02 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Garage

Also, keep in mind that an expanded foot print for the garage will require a taller roof to maintain the same roof slope. How will the taller roof affect the appearance of the property? Also, You will need additional brick since you are increasing the wall surface area. Will the roof be expanded to include the shop under the same roof as the garage? Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: