Want to enjoy cooking again

Old 09-13-09, 11:57 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Want to enjoy cooking again

I'm a full-time worker and mom who recently purchased a home built in the 50's and the kitchen is covered with plastic tile which is now falling off in some areas. It looks like installers used ceramic adhesive which is now rock solid.
I want to change the walls and I'm not picky. I'm open to any ideas. I've been told I'd need to sand it down before I can make any changes to the walls. I'm doing the work myself and I'd like to see change in my lifetime. Do I have any other options?
Old 09-13-09, 12:19 PM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 9,460
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Hi Victoria and welcome to the forum. A good way to get help is with pictures. If you can, photobucket.com and post the link over here under the link tab above. There are some great designers here that I'm sure will be glad to help.

Old 09-13-09, 07:24 PM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 1,874
Received 41 Upvotes on 34 Posts
Yes, pictures would help. A house of that vintage is probably plaster. That is a good thing because you can remove the adhesive without tearing up the plaster. On the other hand if you have drywall it might be easiest to take it off and put up new walls and finish them to your pleasure.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: