Drywall block walls

Old 12-31-00, 08:14 AM
Visiting Guest
We are currently remodeling a bathroom in a homestead cabin located in Southern California. The homestead cabin is built with concrete block. The problem we have is we want to drywall the bathroom but due to space limitations we would need to attach the drywall directly to the concrete block.My question is as follows: Is it feasible to attach drywall directly to concrete block walls, and if so what procedure would one use to fasten the drywall to the block. I have some ideas on this but would like some other opinions. Thanks for your help. Joe

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-01, 08:54 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
Joe . If you are in a dry area of the south of California..I live in the North now.. You can install sheetrock with mastick over the block.. but first make sure you will not have a wet wall when it rains, water the yard, what ever..you can seal the inside of the wall first let dry this will keep the moisture from going into the block from the inside of the bathroom. Next use a good mastick on the block wall and the use GREEN or water resitant sheetrock..finish and paint with a good enamel paint...

Old 01-02-01, 11:42 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink Thank You

To done right Just want to say thank you for your help with my drywall questions. Kind of what I thought i should do, but just needed some resssurance Thanks again! Joe