Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Drywall frame without connecting to the floor and ceiling

Drywall frame without connecting to the floor and ceiling

Old 05-07-11, 01:35 AM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Drywall frame without connecting to the floor and ceiling

Hello all,

I am about to get involved in some risky business...

I rent a studio which I would like to make into a 1 bedroom flat. The landlord does not allow drilling in the ceiling and the floor so I am going to try to build a drywall without connecting it to either. The drywall will include a sliding door (IKEA Lyngdal wardrobe door , which I already have ).

The slightly open L shape of the drywall, together with connecting the end studs of it to the current walls, are expected to suffice in holding the wall in place.

If you can take a look at the attached images of the planned wall and tell me your opinion, I would be very grateful!
View from outside
View from inside

Old 05-07-11, 06:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Go to a better paint or supply house and purchase pressure rods. We use them to hold up temporary plastic "walls" while we are demolishing rooms for remodeling. You won't be drilling, but you can incorporate them in your wall so it can be removed later. I should think one on either end and one at the bend should suffice. Build around them. You will demo around them when you move. Here's a sample, although you would need blocking on top and bottom to make the full 96" Task Tools Quick Support Rod — 84In.L, Model# T74490 | Quick Support Rods | Northern Tool + Equipment

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: