board and batten wainscoting

Old 01-09-01, 06:07 PM
jcapecci
Visiting Guest
Question

I was considering beadboard wainscoting for my bathroom, but have decided that "board and batten" would be more fitting for the house (1912). Can anyone recommend an on-line (or off) resource for installing board and batten wainscoting?

Thanks very much.

Old 01-09-01, 09:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Ask your supplier, they should know---if you are getting your materials locally. Don C.

Old 01-10-01, 05:56 AM
jcapecci
Visiting Guest
Thanks. But I'm starting from scratch, here. Even in terms of what materials I need. I will ask around locally.

Old 01-10-01, 05:58 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
HELLO
I just did a big house in San Fransico with board and bat.
we removed the base, used 3/8" x 4' x the hight of the wainscot plywood shop birch for the boards and 1/4 x 1 1/2 in poplar for the bat. you need to lay out the bats before you start so the brake in the pkywood falls under a bat before we installed the bats we installed the base and chair rail to a leavel line and then the batts cut to fit as needed..installed a bat in each side at the corners and casings...Good Luck...

Old 01-10-01, 06:05 AM
jcapecci
Visiting Guest
GREAT, thanks. I think I can do that. Did you attach directly to the wall, or to furring strips?

Old 01-10-01, 12:48 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
hello
right to the the wall.
Good Luck and Have Fun

Old 01-10-01, 05:52 PM
Visiting Guest
John,

Sorry, I took your post to mean you were looking for someone to do the installation for you. Don C.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: