build a

Old 01-09-01, 10:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello,

My husband and I have a half wall that overlooks the stairs in our split entry home. We chose this option so there would be more light, etc, at the time we built the home, and unfortunately did not anticipate our daughter to try and scale this wall via the couch. We've tried rearranging the living room but the way it is set up it doesn't "flow" unless the couch is against this half wall. So my question is this..is there a way that I can install a vertical railing from the cieling to this halfwall without it looking ridiculous? Something like a decorative railing instead of straight bars to avoid a "prison" look. And where would a find this type of railing? The height from the wall to the cieling is a little more than 60", and the wall itself is 106" long. I would assume that something like this would have to be custom made, but I am not sure. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Natalie Alberts

Old 01-09-01, 04:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Yes, your probably right. Spindles that long would have to be custom made. Your local carpenter should be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 01-10-01, 05:46 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
I do not know how long ths space is you need this help, is it from one corner or wall to another corner or wall so you could just install short spintles and a top and bottom rail just high enough to make it safe..when the time comes you could remove it an fill in a few holes and be back where you are now. if you need somne help just give a yell

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: