Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

URGENT!Getting kids crayon drawings off wall?

URGENT!Getting kids crayon drawings off wall?

Old 01-19-01, 12:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I have an entire room covered with drawings made by a kid with a crayon! I have to get them off immediatly! The walls are light pink...can anyone help me?????

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-01, 11:07 PM
Lissa, the only thing I have ever had any luck at all with in covering up crayon is oil based Kilz. Apply it liberally over the affected area, then repaint the room. You'll find it in the paint section at most hardware stores, or any of the big box stores.

Old 01-21-01, 09:38 AM
Visiting Guest
WD-40 will dissolve the crayon.

Old 01-26-01, 05:41 PM
Visiting Guest
My twin daughters decided to do some mural work on my walls and the kitchen floor and Simple Green did the trick.....

Old 01-26-01, 09:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I know that crayon deal very well with a one year old and 2 year old at home.....I tried everything, WD-40, cooking oil, etc...but guess what...all that just leaves a big oily spot on the wall and ya still have to paint! And common household cleaners work, too, but they leave light spots in teh wall by diluting the paint and you still have to repaint. The best thing I've found is if you can't repaint right now, get a good hard rubber eraser and go to work with it. That's what I use and I have great luck everytime. My kids covered a wall with a couple of different "murals" and it took 3 or 4 pencil erasers because I didn't have time to go buy the bigger ones, but I got it off in about 15 minutes. Well, good luck.