How to repair small dents in ceiling?

Old 02-11-01, 09:22 AM
Visiting Guest
This is just a basic question. I live in an apartment and I have "accidently" damaged my ceiling due to an annoying neighbour upstairs. I regrettfully lost my temper and banged up on the ceiling to basically tell them to be quiet.
The damage isnt extreme by any means, but is noticable. Im not sure what type of ceiling its called ,but it has those little specs dangling ( it isnt flat)The damage is a few small indents which look ugly, I really dont want to do a huge refinishing job on it cause there is no doubt i would probably make it look worse. :\ Ok finally my question is , I was planning on painting the ceiling with a very light paint & roller . The area where i banged is lighter then the rest so my thinking is painting it will blend it together making it less noticable. Do people usually paint there ceilings?
Sorry if that is a dumb question, i just dont want to make things worse. Any advice is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Old 02-13-01, 04:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

What you have is called a textured ceiling. Yes, they are usually painted. The texture is mixed with paint and sprayed on to begin with.
You can fill the indentations with spackle. There also is a texture repair spray-on aeresol can to cover that.
Then you can brush paint the edges and roller the field with interior flat latex.
All of the materials, including plastic sheeting, etc. should be available at your local big box or paint store.
I'm not a painter, but that's what I would do.
Good Luck!

Old 02-13-01, 07:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Thank you for the response.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: