The damaged

Old 12-25-12, 10:27 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The damaged

The workers hit the wall as they moved out my furniture and the part of the wall is damaged now beside the closet. I would put some putting on the wall or What do you suggest before painting it again.Name:  damaged-.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  41.3 KB

Old 12-25-12, 10:41 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
I would probably take some wide masking tape and try to mask off the irregular edge around the repair... to separate any texture that is undamaged from the parts that are damaged. Use short pieces of masking tape to make as irregular of a line as you can (so as to avoid an obvious straight line when you remove the tape later).

Then fill in the damaged areas with a thin coat of joint compound, getting it as smooth as possible with your 6" knife. When it's dry, sand it until it's smooth. If it needs a 2nd coat to smooth it up, do that. When that's dry, thin some joint compound with just a little bit of water so that it's just a little thinner than usual. Then take a wisk broom and dip it into this mixture. Hold the wisk broom upside down, tilt it slightly toward the wall, and with one finger, flick the tips of the wisk broom at the wall, until you cover the small area roughly 25% with some texture. Aim a fan at the area to help it dry a little bit. After a few minutes the texture should have lost enough moisture that you should be able to come back with a drywall knife (wider is better) and then lightly skim over that texture until you flatten it out like the rest of the wall. (this is called knockdown) Sand the area after it's dry to flatten it some more. Then remove the tape. You might need to sand the taped edge so that it blends in a little better. Then prime and paint it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: