dust shelves

Old 05-06-13, 01:31 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb dust shelves

I have what i think is spackling on my living room walls, i would like to remove. not sure if i should sand them smooth or just tear them out & drywall. help please!
Old 05-06-13, 03:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,221
Received 753 Upvotes on 658 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Pics could help verify what you have on the walls - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

I assume it's texture. While texture sands well the latex paint that goes over it doesn't. More than likely you'll need to skim coat the walls with joint compound.
Old 05-06-13, 03:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 3,860
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
FYI, Spackel is for filling small holes. Like repairing nail holes in a wall.
Drywall compound is what's used to texture, or paint mixed with sand.
There's dozens of differant ways and types of texturing walls and ceiling, that's why a picture would help.
Old 05-06-13, 07:22 AM
ray2047's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 29,711
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Can you please explain your title? What does dust shelves mean?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: