Exterior siding

Old 02-19-01, 08:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have vinyl siding on the exterior of my house and right below my doorway the section of siding is starting to bow out. I am not sure if it is due to weather changes or what and I am really uncertain of how to get the siding to stay in place. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-01, 08:19 PM
josh1
Visiting Guest
vinyl

check to make sure the vinyl siding isn't bound too tightly by any nails by manually sliding the piece/ pieces back and forth

the key to vinyl is not to nail it tightly so it has room to expand and contract

if this is the problem loosen the nails with a pry bar

hope this helps---------josh

Old 02-25-01, 04:31 AM
Visiting Guest
vinyl siding is very stable, so i would look at the possibility that there is pressure being applied to it from the ends, or more likely, the saddle/threshold of your doorway is collapsing to certain degree,
hope this helps you! bundy

Old 02-27-01, 05:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by bundy
vinyl siding is very stable, so i would look at the possibility that there is pressure being applied to it from the ends, or more likely, the saddle/threshold of your doorway is collapsing to certain degree,
hope this helps you! bundy
the siding is movable and the collapsing threshold appears to be a possibility. Tell me more. It is a fairly new house.

Old 02-28-01, 02:51 AM
Visiting Guest
is there j channel and sill trim where teh piece runs under the door? Does the piece appear to be cut properly?alot of times when making door or window cuts the cut man will cut one keasurment all the way across and in reality its not the same ex.left side 1-1/4 right side 1-3/4.if he cut it all the way at 1-3/4 willl be too tight and will bind up just a thought used to work on mobile homes a million years ago and saw some pretty shoddy siding work from the factory

Old 02-28-01, 10:16 AM
Visiting Guest
if there was a way to look at the doorway construction from underneath, in a crawl space, i would check if there has been a break in the timber or the builder might have cut some corners!