Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Recessed Lighting Housing attachment to Armstrong suspended ceiling Wall Molding

Recessed Lighting Housing attachment to Armstrong suspended ceiling Wall Molding

Old 09-21-13, 05:41 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have new construction Halo recessed lighting housings that I'm looking to attach to my new Armstrong drop ceiling. I've dropped the ceiling 6" lower than the existing drywall ceiling.

I see how the Halo housings attach to the t-grid via the hanger bars... no problem there. However, the other end I'm looking to attach the housings to is the Armstrong wall molding. There's nothing on the housing that I can see will attach or nail or screw into the Armstrong wall molding to maintain the level above the grid.

Anyone have a bit of advice?

Old 09-21-13, 09:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The recessed lights are only attached to the T-bar track...... not the wall track.

If you had to attach one side to the wall.....cut the clip and use screws to screw it to the wall.

Old 09-22-13, 04:14 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for your response!
Makes sense and I will attempt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: