Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Need help with drywall or other options

Need help with drywall or other options


Old 03-03-16, 08:16 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 11
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help with drywall or other options

I had to replace s section of a drain pipe. The contractor the did the job suggested I put in a clean out in case I ever need to access it and also replace with a board or panel and paint to match. To make accessing easier if needed. So. I need advice about what I can do here. The wall section where the drain is located is not flush with the wall. This section is about 11 inches wide and 9 feet high. What would suggest for finish work?
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-16, 08:26 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,982
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Speedline Access Panel EK4 - Large Wall and Ceiling Panel - Speedline Drywall Products - Dry Lining & Partitioning - SIG Insulation

Access panels & doors come in all sizes. The pic in the above site is one of the biggest available but you may not need something that big. Enough space to open the clean-out maybe all that you need.
Old 03-03-16, 09:03 AM
Handyone's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 5,450
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
An access panel will work.

Off the topic, the flexible couplers should not have been used for the repair.
Fittings should be shielded no-hub couplers as pictured below. The no-hubs are designed specifically for this purpose and are much better (considered permanent) at sealing than a flexible connector.

Name:  nohub.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  9.7 KB
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: