damaged drywall


Old 05-02-01, 02:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
While removing 20 yr old wallpaper, the drywall paper facing also came off w/ the old wallpaper. Now I have rough sections where the facing is peeled down to the inner layers of the wallboard. What to do? texture paint, skimcoat, hang textured wallpaper over it? I quit stipping paper when two section came off liek this. I don't think the drywall was properly prepped when the paper was hung way back when.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-01, 02:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb Drywall damage/removing old wallpaper

Hi! The same thing happened to me and I got a great idea from a local expert. He suggested that I apply joint compound all over the wall and add texturing to it as I go...ie, sponge, rake, even using my fingers to make interesting designs. Once finished, then I can use a two part roller (using 2 different colors) or spray on one color. It would make an interesting look to the wall, totally original and also hide the mess removing the wallpaper caused. I just read on this site that others have mixed the joint compound with paint and applied them at the same time...interesting options out there...Good Luck!!!
Old 05-10-01, 02:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
just pull off the loose stuff,sand lightly and skim coat it with joint compound,sand,sponge, whatever paint and it will be done

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes