Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Sand-like material coming from walls around water heater

Sand-like material coming from walls around water heater


Old 08-12-17, 06:16 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sand-like material coming from walls around water heater

So Around my water tank and water heater in the laundry room, a sand like material that's grey in colour started appearing around the base of the water tank. It seems like it's coming from out of the wall since the bottom part of the wall is open. I'm not sure what I should do about this or how to explain what is happening here. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Pics linked below:

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-17, 05:04 PM
CasualJoe's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 9,978
Received 21 Votes on 16 Posts
The picture links do not work. There is a way to install pictures, but I cannot help you with that. Try sending a message to a moderator.
Old 08-15-17, 10:42 PM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 1,798
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
While we are waiting on pix tell us how old is the house? Is there t plaster?
Old 08-16-17, 02:00 AM
ray2047's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 33,597
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: