Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Making a vertically sliding TV wall mount

Making a vertically sliding TV wall mount

Old 05-15-20, 03:33 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Making a vertically sliding TV wall mount

Hi all
I have an issue where my TV Wall Mount is mounted quite high on the wall, and mounting it lower would inflict on the dinner table. I therefore want to make a Device which allows the TV to be slided vertically along the wall.

My idea is visualized in the Attached PNG photo. I want to use 2 linear slide and a threaded rod to guide the TV Mount vertically. A wooden panel is the Interface between the vertical slide and the original horiztonally sliding TV Mount.

I am looking for feedback from experienced DIY-ers whether my concept is realizable and any pitfalls to look out for.

Regards
--
Borge

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-20, 05:26 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 524 Votes on 481 Posts
The only problem with threaded rod is turning it. How will you turn the rod to raise and lower the tv? If you want a automation project then you can motorize it but if your TV is smaller then I'd just manually raise and lower it, maybe with a pin going into holes to lock your height. For me I'd probably do a 50" or smaller manually and motorize for anything larger.