ceilings

Old 07-16-01, 12:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I am working in a house with popcorn ceilings. I have to paint them but there was a leak in the roof so now the popcorn stuff is falling off. How can I fix or repair it without having to take it all off and redo the whole ceiling???

Old 07-27-01, 09:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Post repair popcorn ceiling

Go to your local hardware store, and pick up some of the repair in a can. The kind I bought was Bondex, ready mixed, and easy to use. It is called Popcorn Ceiling Patch. You can use it on small areas. Apply according to directions by dabbing it onto the area with a brush. But if the area is large, you can rent the machine that blows the ceiling at a local rental store. Purchase the materialto use in the machine at your local hardware store. I don't know the name of it, but I am sure they can help you at the Hardware store, to select the right product. All I know is that is comes in a bag powder form, that you mix with paint or water. Just spray on! Make sure you cover anything you don't want this spray on, and wear a mask! Your lungs are precious. I just had my ceiling sprayed by a professional. That is your other option! If you decide to repair it yourself, and there are water stains on the ceiling, then you will need to spray a stain blocker on that areas, such as KILZ prior to repairing it. Kilz, you can buy in a can with and up directional spray for easy application.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: