Painting with spray Question

Old 05-20-24, 08:38 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Painting with spray Question

Hello,
Renovating my kitchen and putting recess lights and outlets and adding smart swithces for whole house where needed. Lot of patches and we decided to repaint the whole house including ceiling.
Since we are running out of time any suggestion of use of spary paint for ceiling and walls which can improve my time to complete.
1. is it ok to use any paint sprayer for walls and ceiling?
2. Which one is recommended? don't mind spending on tools little bit more

Top Answer

05-20-24, 10:12 AM
XSleeper
Group Moderator
Received 1,960 Upvotes on 1,757 Posts
Unless the house is empty and you have everything masked off I would never recommend spraying.

Old 05-20-24, 08:50 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,271 Upvotes on 2,023 Posts
1. Yes, it is OK to use a sprayer. There are two ways to go depending on your equipment. There are power fed rollers. Basically you keep rolling on paint and never have to dip the roller to refill. Or you can spray the paint directly onto the walls and ceiling. After spraying the paint on the walls have a helper come along with a paint dampened roller and back roll your sprayed areas. This helps spread the paint more evenly and applies the fine roller texture.

2. Power counts. Latex, especially quality paint, can be very thick and difficult to spray. Smaller units just don't have the power and require you to thin the paint.

Old 05-20-24, 09:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 871 Upvotes on 762 Posts
Keep in mind the overspray it will produce! Overspray can travel a good ways and will find any surfaces that aren't protected. While I have an assortment of spray equipment I rarely spray inside an occupied house. Often the needed cover up and clean up negates any time savings.

Old 05-20-24, 10:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,960 Upvotes on 1,757 Posts
Unless the house is empty and you have everything masked off I would never recommend spraying.

marksr, sdodder voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: