Inside Corner Strips for Drywall

Old 08-02-01, 07:00 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Can corner strips/beads like would be used for outside corners on drywall be used for inside corners? If so is it done any differently than outside corners?

I've never seen this, but noticed while at Home Depot that an information sheet mentioned it with no further instructions.

I did a particularly bad job on one inside corner and if that would help then it would be great. Thanks.

Old 08-02-01, 03:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi davidz,never heard of a inside corner bead.Why not just remove the tape from the inside corner that didnt turn out to good and try again,using tape and mud.

Old 08-06-01, 05:24 AM
Visiting Guest
NEVER HEARD OF INSIDE CORNER BEAD PUT THERE IS A PUTTY KNIFE FOR INSIDE CORNERS THAT WORKS WELL. GOOD LUCK
TARMSTRONG@MABPAINTS.COM

Old 08-06-01, 10:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the replies.

This is just FYI for others who consider this in the future.

The corners are metal pieces with tape attached. The manufactuer (can't remember who) showed how they could be used. They are held on only by the mud. I bought some to cover what I thought were some very large gaps on inside corners (I've never done drywall before.) Now having used both these metal pieces and tape for inside corners, I really recommend to stick with the tape. It will cover even what looks like very large cracks well and is much easier to hold in place and cover.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: