Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bad Plaster Job

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-30-01, 12:47 PM   #1  
I'm building a new house and am a victim of a terrible plaster job in one room in particular. Drywall was installed on the walls and ceiling. Imperial was used on the walls; Diamond on the ceiling. Both walls and ceiling have been painted. I'm now finding cracks, seams, bulging (where two pieces of drywall were taped), etc. I've been told I can't re-skim since paint has already been applied. Is this true? If so, what's the best way to fix this? Do I sand the paint off, re-skim, and repaint? Do I use something other than plaster (spackle?)? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sponsored Links

OH

10-04-01, 04:10 PM   #2  
Bad plaster job

Sounds like you already know what has to be done. You need to take the job back to ground zero and start over, completely renewing the surface. The folks who did the job should come back and redo it. If you are like me, you wouldn't let the yahoos step foot in your front yard. I am so sorry for your problem and the loss on your investment. If there is anyway we can help you, please advise.

Search this Thread