Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page > hanging a pot rack in a lath and plaster ceiling

hanging a pot rack in a lath and plaster ceiling

Old 09-02-01, 02:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Ok, it this a tough one? Hope not, but it's got me a little confused....here goes.. We have been given ( inherited) a refrigerator that is 220 volts / 50 Hz. How do we wire an outlet for this from the main box? Our other appliances are all 110 v. Any easy ways to do this? The refrigerator will be going in the garage, and I might ad, that this garage is fully insulated and probably only gets down to about 50 degrees in the dead of winter. Thanks in advance to any and all that can help with this one.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-01, 02:12 PM
lelkins
Visiting Guest
Like another post I need to hang something heavy from a ceiling in a rental unit. Because of the lath and plaster I am having trouble finding a ceiling joist. Also the manufacturer of the pot rack says not to use mollys. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-19-01, 10:02 AM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
Can u get up in the attic... If so you can poke something through one of those holes you drilled and see how close you are to a joist. measure the distance apart from above and then you can find it below..

Search this Thread