Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Crown molding

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

12-31-01, 11:28 AM   #1  
Crown molding

I am putting up crown molding (not replacing, so there are no old pieces to use as templates.) We got 2 inside corners up just fine (using a true miter cut, not coping), but then got side tracked by the holidays. Now I have one half of an inside corner up, and have to fit another piece into the angle this one piece forms. (Am I making sense here?) I have a compound miter saw, and a protracter, but can not figure out how to measure the existing angle, so I can figure out the complementary angle.<br>Can any one advise me which angles to measure and how to set up the saw?

Sponsored Links

12-31-01, 12:45 PM   #2  
Coping works better for this very reason. Plus the seam will not seperate as much as mitered combination. A coped piece can be butted tightly. Also a coped piece doesn't have to be cut to a perfect length on each end. As you have already started, then you might take a 1 foot scrap and try a few cuts until you find the angle that fits and then make the cut in the piece you will use.

Search this Thread