Brick veneer for interior wall?

Old 01-09-02, 01:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Brick veneer for interior wall?

I've looked all over the net (it's a ways to a home supply store so I haven't looked there yet) for a brick or stone veneer to cover a chimney in the kitchen. Is there such a thing as a thin stick-on sheet that has the rough feel of brick? It needs to go on over sheetrock or stick onto the chimney instead of sheetrock. Only two strips about 42" long by 6" wide will show by the cabinets. It will have to cover the corner.

I'll be going to Lowe's before long and Home Depot if necessary. Or should I look in a wallpaper store or Sherwin Willilams?

We're also doing a tile floor for the first time so I've gotten information on that here. Thanks!

Dusty

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-02, 01:19 PM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
do a web search under panel brick

Old 01-20-02, 06:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Brick Veneer

I am a Brick Layer. What you need is what they call Z-Brick. It is actual brick but they are cut down to the face only. Aprox. a quarter inch in thickness. You glue them on and then tuckpoint them with regular brick mortor. You cannot tell the difference when you are done. It is real brick. Just have to keep them stait using a level and a chaulk line. If you have any questions, you may feel free to call me. Tony at 314-725-7532