Drywall Cost

Old 04-07-02, 04:47 PM
ddj
Visiting Guest
Drywall Cost

I am finishing a basement, about 1300 sq.ft. I want to contract the drywall out. I'am located just north of Detroit in Oakland County. Can someone tell me what it would cost to drywall, tape and mud the walls. Do drywallers charge by the sheet or sq. ft of the area to be done. THANKS

Old 04-21-02, 05:49 PM
1937chevy
Visiting Guest
I'm told that it is tough to find someone willing to do drywall work in our area (I'm from Macomb County--northeast of Detroit). I've been laid off and I like drywalling--I guess that's why my neighbors have "hired" me to do their drywalling work. They've been paying me a flat hourly rate. I have no idea what the pro's have quoted them, but I can only imagine. A relative in Windsor who does drywalling on the side, charges $25 or 30/sheet. I too would be curious what the usual charge would be in case I make this my new career!

Old 04-22-02, 07:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A good middle of the road figure is $1 a Square foot for labor and material. Hang and finish. Depending on the area it could be .25cents either side of that number.

Old 04-22-02, 06:25 PM
ddj
Visiting Guest
Drywall Cost

I just found a drywall contractor who charges $1.00 a sq.ft. labor and materials to hang and mud. He's in Macomb County, just in case you want to know, 1937 Chevy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: