Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Natural gas lines

Visiting Guest

04-09-02, 08:50 AM   #1  
Ms.denise
Natural gas lines

In my stupidity of buying my own house with little money I have had to do my own plumbing (thank god for the ex who never finished anything, I have learned all kinds on of skills) anyway I have ran new gaslines to my hotwater heater straight from the meter and not to anything else. I used 1/2 in pipe and now I want to branch off of the 1/2 in pipe and attach a wall heater...someone told me that the 1/2 inch pipe will not support the load and the hotwater heater and gas heater will go out??? If gas only has to carry 2 lbs of pressure will the 1/2 in pipe not do??? Help..

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-12-02, 10:21 AM   #2  
LaSalles
Actually I dont know what you use in your area but I imagine your delivery pressure is more like a quarter pound (ck with your local gas company which will give you the information in "inches" of pressure and 12 inches = .434 pounds). As far as capability they should also be able to tell you the answer but you need to tell them a couple items like the length of pipe and the btu input of both the water heater and wall heater which should be on the permanent tags on the units and in the install instructions. Sorry no better help.

Search this Thread