Leveling concrete wall

Old 05-14-02, 04:35 PM
cslo
Visiting Guest
Question Leveling concrete wall

How do I level a concrete wall? I have a concrete block exterior wall that has now become an interior wall of my closet because we built on an additional bedroom to our home. I tried to install a closet system that requires a metal track to be attached to the entire width of the wall. When I went to screw the track to the wall, I realized the wall isn't level causing the track to seriously bend. How can I fix this?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-02, 07:58 PM
woodbadger
Visiting Guest
If you are talking about 1/8"-1/4" you can buy plastic spacers that snap together. They are for electrical outlet boxes that are set back into the wall (so the outlet can be flush to the wall).

Sold in the electrical department.

They work very nicely when I hang metal wire shelving (I trim them so they can not be seen after installation is complete).

Old 05-16-02, 11:39 AM
workatit
Visiting Guest
Depending on appearances and strength requirements place a 1 x ? on the wall to get a flat even surface. Attach at the highest point protruding into the room then use wood shims behind the gaps. Use Tapcons to attach the wood to the wall. It shouldn't take to many screws. Attach the metal track to the 1 x ?.

I am working through a similar problem attaching ceiling angles for a suspended ceiling on an uneven concrete wall. I will be scribing some of the 1 x 3 and caulking visible gaps because it will be visible in the room.

Good Luck.