bad patch job.....

Old 05-15-02, 07:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question bad patch job.....

We recently bought a new/used house, built in 1972. The ceilings were done in a brush type splotch pattern (looks like the brush was pushed into the plaster). It seems to be the same pattern that you would find in most newer houses. Could anyone tell me what type of plaster and what type of brush would be used to match this pattern?
Old 05-16-02, 02:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I believe this is called stomp texturizing, but that could be a local slang.

Anyway, Home Depot does carry the brush to use along with no-agragrite texturizing compound.

mix up the compound, use a hopper to spray it on the ceiling, push your brush into it to match the existing pattern.

fun and messy job. If it doesn't look right, just scrape it off with a taping knife and try again.

you will be a pro within minutes.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: