heavy stuff

Old 06-02-02, 03:36 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: 1/2 betweem Sacramento and Reno
Posts: 53
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
heavy stuff

M aunt gave me what she calls "sheetrock" but I've never seen this stuff before. It's very heavy, 3' x 12' light gray on one side darker grey on the other. Does anybody know what this stuff is?Can I use it for wallboard??!!!

I'm confused-help?
Old 06-03-02, 08:41 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
There's cement board, for wet location use. One brand is Wonderboard, which has a kind of perforated texture. Then Durock brand (?) which is smoother and might be confused for a kind of sheetrock. Though 3x12 sounds awfully big, and I'm not sure these come that big because they'd be way too cumbersome to work with.
Old 06-03-02, 11:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Could it be cement board or underlayment?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: