Covering old wood panelling


Old 06-03-02, 11:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Covering old wood panelling

I have 1970's wood panelling in family room and want to get rid of it. My choices are to paint it (husband doesn't like cracks/seems to show) or cover with plaster (or some other compound). What products do I use to plaster the wall so it looks like stucco? Must I use both liquid sandpaper and a primer if I paint the panelling?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-02, 04:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I would suggest you take the paneling down and work with what is behind the paneling. The worst case is you need to put up new sheetrock.
Old 06-06-02, 08:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I would agree with woodbadger. I have a dining room covered in paneling. When we moved in 2 years ago we painted it a tan color to temporarily get rid of the awful wood grain look. You can't see the grooves as much, but it's still noticeable. I'm going to tear off the paneling this summer and put new sheet rock over the old plaster walls.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes