bathroom walls

Old 06-03-02, 09:51 PM
hlpmeplz
Visiting Guest
Angry bathroom walls

i need help. i want to redo my bathroom walls. there is this paneling up on the walls half way up on the bottoms. i want to take it off and paint the walls. here's my problem- there isn't any drywall on the walls behind it. actually i don't no want it is on the walls behind it how do i find out what i can do with it.

Old 06-03-02, 10:57 PM
Veric
Visiting Guest
Cut a small section out and take a look.
If you are going to add sheetrock use green board its more water resistant than regular sheetrock

Old 06-06-02, 04:21 AM
Dada
Visiting Guest
Re: bathroom walls

Originally posted by hlpmeplz
i need help. i want to redo my bathroom walls. there is this paneling up on the walls half way up on the bottoms. i want to take it off and paint the walls. here's my problem- there isn't any drywall on the walls behind it. actually i don't no want it is on the walls behind it how do i find out what i can do with it.

If You would like to redo the walls and cut the cost. Consider buying Kraft Paper, either in individual rolls or purchase a large roll from a packaging company or crafts store. Tear the paper into strips of 3, which will leave two strips with straight edges, the center strip will be roughly torn. Then tear those strips into sections, apply to walls with wallpaper glue. Apply straight edges of paper to all straight edges then fill in with rough paper sections. Once dried, apply polyurethane, make sure ventilation is good. It is a beautiful, rich and inexpensive wall treatment. I have done it in my bathroom and bedroom.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: