taping drywall

Old 06-10-02, 07:38 AM
soalive
Visiting Guest
Question taping drywall

This is probably a rookie question but I don't know how to tape the corners where the ceiling corner meets the corner of the wall. Is there a trick to making the corner smooth? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Old 06-10-02, 10:30 AM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
The pros and experts have a way to do this cleanly. However, if your like me and the next time you are taping will be long after you have forgotten how you did it the last time, the easiest way is to alternate the sides and minimize the wet mud overlap. I'm sure others will post faster methods, but this one follows the KISS method.

Old 06-12-02, 11:31 AM
AVB 2
Visiting Guest
Drywall corner

Take the paper tape that you use on the flat seams, and fold it in half. You will notice that it is pre-scored so it will fold easily. Cut to length. Put a thin layer of drywall mud on both sides of the corner, place the folded tape into the corner and using your drywall knife, gently push it into the corner until it looks like it is the right position. Carefully draw your knife down on one side at a time, thereby squeezing out the excess mud. Return this mud to your hod. Repeat for the other side. After the mud dries, scrape the seam with your drywall knife to remove any loose dried mud, and apply another thin coat of mud to the edges of the seam. Sand after it dries.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: