bottom panel

Old 06-15-02, 04:55 PM
trueone55
Visiting Guest
Question bottom panel

I am making a non load bearing wall in a room. I have cut the 2x4's to size and have laid everything out. I have the frame up. My question is, how do i nail the bottom 2x4? I have concrete there. Nail gun? Hammer? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by trueone55; 06-16-02 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-16-02, 12:04 PM
trueone55
Visiting Guest
Ok... I bought Masonry nails and started to nail them down. But the harder I hit it won't go down for nothing. I keep pounding it and pounding it (hope the 2x4 wont break) and nothing. Can I get help from someone? Anybody? Come on, I know someone here on these forums could help me out.

Old 06-16-02, 07:08 PM
trueone55
Visiting Guest
Ok... Since nobody offered help or advice... I went to Home Depot and instead talked to a guy there. I don't really like to ask them anything because half of them dont know anything. But the guy i talked to recommended i use concrete anchors. So i bought some brought them home but i have no idea how to use them. any help would REALLY be appreciated. Like i said in my earlier post, I already have the frame built and everything. It's just waiting to get anchored to the floor. Please HELP!!!!

Old 06-17-02, 06:00 AM
MikeCT
Visiting Guest
The easiest way to do this is with a powder actuated nailer. You can buy one at Home Depot or Lowes for about $70. You load a small cartridge into the nailer, load a special nail, and place it on the bottom plate (your 2x4). When you pull the trigger the charge in the cartridge forces the nail through the wood and into the concrete. It's simple.

You can also buy a version that is activated by a hammer instead of pulling a trigger. This model is only $19. Be aware that you get what you pay for, though. The $19 model is harder to use, and you may have to strike the hammer more than once to get the charge to activate. People have varying success with this; I suspect some people will read this and tell you that this model works fine. I think you'll be glad you spent the extra $51 for the gun style.

Old 06-17-02, 09:51 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
You can rent the equipment unless you are planning to go into business. Also, no one is perched on these boards waiting to give advice (community forums). You got fed up in less than one day. There is some really good advice shared on these forums, but you have to give people time to actually read your post.

Old 06-17-02, 11:18 PM
trueone55
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by bungalow jeff
You can rent the equipment unless you are planning to go into business. Also, no one is perched on these boards waiting to give advice (community forums). You got fed up in less than one day. There is some really good advice shared on these forums, but you have to give people time to actually read your post.

I didn't get "Fed Up", I know these are community forums but I wanted to do this project over the weekend. This is my first time on these boards and I thought some one would respond much faster. Thanks for the help Mike.

Old 06-17-02, 11:31 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Attaching sill to concrete floor

http://www.homerepairworkshop.com/sc...N=DSPLY&ART=29

Sorry for the slow response. We're all just volunteers, most of whom are busy with their own DIY projects, busy and crazy lives, trying to make a living, and finding to take time out to help others.

Old 06-18-02, 04:07 AM
trueone55
Visiting Guest
Re: Attaching sill to concrete floor

Originally posted by twelvepole
http://www.homerepairworkshop.com/sc...N=DSPLY&ART=29

Sorry for the slow response. We're all just volunteers, most of whom are busy with their own DIY projects, busy and crazy lives, trying to make a living, and finding to take time out to help others.
Thanks. oh... I didn't mean to piss anybody off. It's just that i go to alot of forums and people reply much faster. I know you guys are busy and are taking the time to help novices like me. I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: