Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Building attached Utility Room.

Visiting Guest

06-25-02, 01:40 PM   #1  
takashi
Building attached Utility Room.

I would like to build a Utility Room attached to my house and accessed through a door from the interior of the main house. I plan on moving our washer and dryer from inside of the house to an exterior utility room.

I am tired of the dust created by the dryer and having to clean out the exhaust vent under the crawlspace every year (the exhaust seemed to be an afterthought by the builder). Where can I get plans for building such a room addition? How difficult will it be to build a small 10x10 utility room? Thanx

Sponsored Links

OH

06-28-02, 04:39 AM   #2  
try the library

Get several books on building structures.
There are several ways to accomplish this. You could make it like a 3-season room to a full addition.

In any case you have much study ahead of you - more than can fit in these forums. Even cutting into the existing wall can be dangerous.

You will need permits. Then there is the electrical and plumbing work. Depending on the type of structure you choose, there will be concrete work.

Doing this as DIY depends on your skill level.

Search this Thread