Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

how to create plater look over drywall

how to create plater look over drywall

Old 06-28-02, 09:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
how to create plaster look over drywall

How to create a plaster look over drywall ??
I am finishing an addition and need to testure over drywall. Our house was built in 1915 and thus has lath and plaster walls throughout the existing house. We want to have a realitive seamless transition into the addition and want to carry the plaster look into the addition. We have hung the drywall already and want to know what we do to go over the drywall? How can I create that plaster look in the addition? Should I spray something on with a hopper and knock it down a bit? I heard from a friend that there is a roll on type of texture but i know nothing else about it? Can someone help me with advise on how to make my hung drywall look like it has plaster on it?

Last edited by cjcooper88; 06-28-02 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-28-02, 02:52 PM
coops28's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,752
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It all depends on what your plaster looks like now. Does it have a texture to it? Is it smooth but wavy? You probably will end up doing some sort of skip trowel. Use lightweight mud. Buy a hawk and trowel(if you don't already own one). And trowel on the mud. You can sand it down after to soften it up a bit or rub it with a wet sponge when its almost dry.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: