Painting Over Wallpaper

Old 07-12-02, 04:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Painting Over Wallpaper

I have painted over wall paper about 6 mos. ago ---I could see spots coming through the wallpaper--so I used the same color paint over the spots & it came out darker than when it was used 6 mos. ago----now I am going to have to repaint the whole room---Is there someway I can repair this color without repainting the entire room??? or have I really goofed??-the spots were not big spots & no one would have probably noticed them but me--but I painted a really big area -& the spots were small -but I repainted 3 big areas over again....I do not want to paint the entire room again---HELP!!!!! & why would the paint come out a real darker color than before???

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-02, 05:26 PM
I bet you that the "spots" you are seeing are actually areas of mold/mildew. You can prime the areas with a stain blocker, but you will eventually see your new friends again. So, you can either continue treatment, or go the best route and strip the wall down to nothing and start over. You can visit my site for stripping instructions, mold treatment, and other wallpaper information.