Need help choosing a brand

Old 12-16-04, 04:41 PM
pbagrat
Visiting Guest
Need help choosing a brand

We have a 14 year-old AO Smith 40 Gal Natural Gas water heater that I am looking to replace before it dies on me. I was considering tankless, but the high cost of installation ($1000 in my area) outweighs the savings. I have now pretty much decided between a GE Smartwater PG40T09AVG from Home Depot or a Whirlpool FG1H4040T3NO from Lowes. Both have 9 year warranties, EF of .59, and are within $20 in price. Home Depot wants $285 to install versus Lowes at $195. Both include install, testing, cleanup, and disposal of old unit. Just wondering if anyone has experience with either brand and or model.

Thanks!

Old 12-16-04, 06:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Make sure that when you compare prices you make sure that both either include permit or are 'plus permit'; same for delivery, etc. Anyway, get apples to apples.

Old 12-17-04, 03:18 AM
pbagrat
Visiting Guest
Drainage

Thanks for the response. One more semi-related question. We are going out of town for the holidays and I was wondering if I should shut off the water to the house at the main. It is supposed to get down into the single digits a few nights and we have a crawlspace combined with polybutelyne plumbing!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: