Bradford White Gas Water Heater Anode?

Old 04-05-05, 11:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Bradford White Gas Water Heater Anode?

I've searched for most of the day. Can you please tell me if the "Combo Anode"
on a Bradford White gas water heater can be replaced by a generic combo-anode?

When i spoke with several plumbing supply stores in my area, they don't know the answer. When I describe the anode, and tell them the anode has a plastic fitting at the top of hot - output side of the fitting, and along the sides of the plastic fitting which is approx 2 inches from the threaded nipple and about an inch in diameter, there are two holes that you could easily slide two pencils through, at the bottom of the plastic piece, the anode is attached which hangs down inside the tank approx 3 feet in length.

Can this anode be called by a different name - other than a combo-anode? does any combo-anode perhaps bought at a general local community hardware store fit it?
Please advise.

Last edited by tbonerides; 04-05-05 at 12:51 PM. Reason: remove reference to local hardware stores.
Old 04-08-05, 09:59 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: KY/OH
Posts: 3,362
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Yes. They are all universal.........they all do the same task.....along with the same 3/4" IPS threaded connection.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: