Long Delay in HW to far Bathroom

Old 12-22-05, 07:14 AM
ap17
Visiting Guest
Long Delay in HW to far Bathroom

I have a cape cod home with a breezway and ground level bathroom thats located furthest away from the HW heater. It takes forever to get HW to this bathroom, UNLESS I run water from an outdoor water fawcet (cold). In which case HW to that bathroom is immediate.

Can someone explain whats going on here?

Hw to the kitchen sink is by far the fastest.

The kitchen is closest to HWH.

All the bathrooms take long. Too long.

ap

Old 12-22-05, 02:31 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
This whole scenario makes no sense. Unless you run hot water, there should be no way to expidite hot water to the bathroom. I have seen homes with an outside faucet piped for hot water to wash cars with.
My suggestion when reading the beginning of your post would be to install a recirculating pump on the water heater. Some run continuously and other have a switch that you turn it on from the problem area so it only runs when you need hot water. Good luck.

Old 12-22-05, 03:41 PM
ap17
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply.

I agree, the outside sil has only cold water to it, but if I run it for a short bit, the water to that far bathroom is hot instantly.

I'm as puzzeled as anyone. I installed an entire HW heating system and have extensive experience in plumbing, but never have I seen something like this.

My uncle is the original builder of this home.

ap

Old 12-22-05, 03:54 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you figure it out, please let us know. Your Uncle knows something I have never heard of.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: