Low hot water pressure

Old 01-04-06, 05:22 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Low hot water pressure

2 days ago I noticed that the hot water had low pressure. Tonight my it took 20 minutes to fill a bath tub. I also noticed the pressure gets lower the longer the water is on. Should I turn the tank off until I can call someone to look at it? I know we haven't turned any valves or anything. (I moved in here a month ago) My daughter turned the temperature up to 125 degrees a couple of weeks ago. Its a 30 gallon tank and the hot water didn't last long, so we thought turning up the temp (from 120) would help. Mistake? Please answer these questions and the obvious ones I don't know to ask. Thanks!

Old 01-04-06, 05:29 PM
If the pressure is low at just the tub, it is probably related to the tub valve. Needs to be disassembled and cleaned up. If all your hot taps are low pressure, it could be something like a clogged up nipple at the outlet of the water heater. Get a plumber in to check that out. Don't mess with the temperature settings until you get the pressure figured out.

Old 01-04-06, 05:35 PM
S
Thanks - yes the pressure is low throughout the condo. Do I need to stop using the hot water until I get a plummer to look at it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: