What's inside a gas valve?

Old 11-21-06, 02:08 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What's inside a gas valve?

I need an exploded, or schematic view or blueprint type drawings of a typical gas water heater control valve. Y'know, all the drawings with the thremocouple, pilot, Tstat, control knob, gas valve, pilot valve, safeties and shut offs, all that stuff. They're all about the same, so any real good diagrams would be adequate. I've been looking on the 'nets and getting nowhere. Thanks

Old 11-21-06, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

I dont know why. But if you need to know that bad . Id say buy a new one and take it apart

Old 11-21-06, 03:25 PM
H
In short, a gas control valve consists of a magnet, spring and diaphragm with a built in thermostat. The thermocouple, pilot assembly and main burner are separate components.

The thermocouple generates electric current when heated and energizes the magnet in the gas control valve.

Somewhere in my books I do have an exploded diagram of a gas control valve but it is not serviceable. If it goes bad, it gets replaced.

Old 11-21-06, 04:31 PM
J
Yes, take one apart if you are curious, I have. Go find a throw away heater and get your valve for free. You will need a set of security torx bits and there you go.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: