Pilot Keeps Turning off

Old 01-02-07, 09:43 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pilot Keeps Turning off

i bought a A.O. Smith water heater about 2 yrs ago and 6 months ago, my pilot kept turning off. So I called up the company that installed it, and they changed the thermalcouple and the gas valve. Problem still continued, then i took the little filter thing on the bottom of the tank and the problem went away. But now it has comeback, i called the company again and they said there is another filter inside the bottom of the tank. I don't want them to come here again and charge me another $100 an hr just to look at it, and not do anything for me. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or any troubleshooting on how to clean the filter inside?
Thank you, any suggestion is much appreciated.

Old 01-02-07, 05:15 PM
On certain brands of the now-mandatory FVIR-type WH, keeping the screens and filters cleaned of dust and lint is mandatory.

Old 01-02-07, 06:06 PM
A
Originally Posted by 594tough
On certain brands of the now-mandatory FVIR-type WH, keeping the screens and filters cleaned of dust and lint is mandatory.
I cleaned the outside screen, but A.O. Smith said there is an inside filter which i can't get into... does anyone have any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: