Black & Stinky Hot Water

Old 09-08-07, 08:13 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Black & Stinky Hot Water

Hi All

I hope someone can help with a problem I'm having with a customers water heater.
The tank was installed 3 years ago and they have had a problem with the water turning black and a rotten egg smell off and on. We tried removing the magnesium anode and installing a aluminum anode which helped for a month. Then we removed the anode altogether and flushed the tank again, but that only helped for a few weeks. I just reinstalled a aluminum anode and flushed the tank with over 100 gallons of water, but I don't know if that's going to work. They have had the water tested and were told there was nothing to worry about and they have all the fancy filters and purifiers on the well..

Old 09-13-07, 04:20 PM
A
How do you know it smells? Does it smell at every faucet or one faucet? Does it smell when you drain it through the drain at the bottom of the tank?

Old 09-17-07, 08:25 PM
P
Originally Posted by adamplghtg
How do you know it smells? Does it smell at every faucet or one faucet? Does it smell when you drain it through the drain at the bottom of the tank?
It smells at every tap and at the bottom of the tank. It also gets as black as tar

Old 09-18-07, 11:29 AM
Y
smelly water

Check this site out http://www.smellywater.com/
Don't know if it works, and it is not a permanent fix but one that needs to be done occasionally.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: