Old 01-05-08, 03:13 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Last night I saw a large spot on my wall bubbling out. I found it
hot to the touch . On the other side of the wall is the vent/flue? of our gas hot water heater. Where the collar? covered the vent pipe entering the wall the metal was too hot to touch. I would like some info about how dangerous this situation is so that when my 89 year old landlord comes to fix it himself I can have a few things to watch out for
Old 01-05-08, 05:09 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,607
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
There should be triple wall pipe in this area. It insulates against having the hot flue pipe against a combustible surface, and draws fresh air for combustion back into the heater flame.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: