Programmable Water Heater

Old 01-15-08, 09:52 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Programmable Water Heater

Hi everyone,
I have installed a new programmable controller on my water heater about a month ago, and I just love it. So far, it is the only one I saw that is available on the market for gas fired water heater. It's called Digahot, and you can see it at www.digahot.com
My wife and I work during the day, so we have it setup to turn off from 8am to 5pm, and again from 10pm to 6am, and we actually saw our first saving this month.
Though the price on the website is only for the controller, and if you want the package it's about twice as much, I still think it is a great invention.
You don't have to install the controller near the WH, so we have it on the second floor. The cool thing is that you can actually see the temperature in the tank on the screen, and set it to whatever you want.
The installation wasn't bad at all, and it took about 2 hours.
You got to check this one out, I really think it's worth it.

Old 01-15-08, 08:01 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If that device is saving you money with a gas WH, turning it off in the morning and back on in the evening, you need a new water heater!!

WITHOUT that device, my gas WH never fires during the day unless somebody runs some hot water someplace in the house. It reheats the water after the morning showers and whatever, and then just sits there all day long. If no water is being run in the house, it has no need to refire. It'll keep 40 gallons of water hot all day long with virtually no heat loss -- not enough to make it fire up anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: