Kenmore Water heater problems

Old 01-30-08, 02:06 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Water heater problems

Hey guys, I'm having a leak with my Kenmore Power Miser Electric Water heater at the drain valve.

I would like to replace the drain valve (plastic) with a non-factory metal one, any ideas what size I would need so I can go to home depot?

Could I just cap it instead to stop the leak?

any help would be deeply appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-30-08, 03:12 PM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 17,505
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

If you mean that the drain valve is what you cant shut off. They have a cap like that will screw on the hose end outlet of it. Or for a new one ask around for a boiler drain C**k 3/4"

Old 01-30-08, 03:43 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,607
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Of course you will have to shut down the water heater, and drain it, but the big box stores sell replacement metal spigots. But if it is just dripping from the opening, I'd likewise cap it.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: